This will be a very unique guide, I’m even surprised by myself. Cyclops is extremely powerful in the jungle with really high damage base with short cooldowns. Cyclops almost had everything he need to be the “broken” hero. Cyclops current a meta-pick or ban in almost every games in higher ranks. If you want to get to Legend for the first time, this is your chance. I will guide you in every possible way in order to help getting to Legend by using Cyclops. (Cyclops only cost 15000 BP after all, don’t be afraid to try him out, I bet you won’t regret it.)
Cyclops is a giant with only one eye, yes, at least he is in his own homeland. Cyclops were obsessed with stars and skies when he was little He watched all days and nights and discovered the truth that planets were moving all the time. And this kind of movements, it contains unbelievable magic power. With an hourglass to load and control this kind of power, he became the famous “Starsoul Magician” his homeland. Planetary movements will never stop, hence his strength is extremely powerful and invincible, which , however, made him feel lonely. One day, Cyclops arrived at the Land of Dawn during his space travel and he found out in surprise that there were so many strong opponents waiting him to defeat. “I come, I see, I conquer!” Said Cyclops.
Starlit Hourglass (Passive): The deep bind with stars gives Cyclops the power to control time. Current cooldown of all skills will reduce by 0.5s when his skills hit enemies.
- This passive makes Cyclops really powerful, every ability spammable, stacking max cooldown reduction to abuse this passive.
Stardust Shock: Gathers the power of stars and casts two shock waves of stardust, each dealing 220 pts of magical damage to the enemy.
- Long range damage dealing ability, nothing much, this ability attacks twice, which means double Starlit Hourglass proc
Planets Attack: Uses the power of stars to generate a starlit sphere spinning around him and increases his own movement speed greatly for a short period of time. The sphere will attack nearby enemies (enemy heroes first) automatically, dealing 160 pts of magical damage to them (damages dealt to the same target will decay).
- ALWAYS MAX THIS FIRST
- Strongest ability in the game, extremely high base damage, low cooldown, powerful
- Planets Attack cooldown timer starts after you used the ability, which means you can use it, wait, and gank with two Planets Attack in a short time (you need to time it well).
- It attacks the closest target first, so it’s not recommended to walk into your enemy target every time with Planets Attack. You can use it after you are in the range of Planets Attack to make sure every orbs hit (unless the target is alone).
- Planets Attack procs Starlit Hourglass multiple times, use this often almost everywhere (running/roaming/jungling/clearing wave/etc.)
Star Power Lockdown (Ultimate): Cyclops wields the power of stars to his fullest and creates a magic sphere filled with planetary power to track his enemy, dealing 500 pts of magical damage. According to the flying distance of the sphere, the target will be trapped for 1-2 sec.
- Extremely powerful ganking ultimate, can be used to picking low HP as well.
- Starlit Hourglass made this ability really short cooldown when maxed CDR.
Items & Battle Spells Explained
These are the 3 build I’ve had experimented so far, they are the best build on Cyclops at the moment. Every of these build are strong depends on your playstyle and which you prefer.
Core items are:
– A must have item for mana sustain, Cyclops abilities cost isn’t that high but it’s really spammable, which made Cyclops kinda mana-hungry.
– Best in slot item, huge survivability bonus and some HP + magic power. No excuse on not to buy this item.
– Helps clear jungle quickly, a slow for your Retribution, overall very good item on Cyclops
– Magic Power and Huge Magic Penetration, usually buy as last item. Unless enemy team rushes a lot of Magic resists.
– Bonus magic damage, magic power, etc. Overall a very good item on Cyclops. Burst-type item.
– Easy to proc, burning damage, bonus magic power, good to build VS heavy HP tanks on the enemy team.
Not recommended but meh items:
– Not needed, it’s fine but the items on the top are much better. You can always try it out, it will still work but not as powerful.
Retribution is the only one to take, not anything else.
Planets Attack + Retribution can clear the small jungle camp immediately which is extremely fast, helps you to be ahead a lot than everyone else. With upgraded jungle item, you can even slow the target with Retribution, helps your gank even better.
Game Plan & Strategy
Start with a jungle item (it’s A MUST!). Why? Because of Cyclops’ abilities and his kit, it’s best to free roam and jungle, you can snowball really hard with Cyclops. Staying in lane and farming is just waste of opportunity and time. Cyclops’ jungle clearing speed is absolutely CRAZY. His lane minion clear is just meh.
Usually this is how it goes, Jungle Item (Tier 1) > Boots (Tier 1) and proceeds into your main build.
Boots early helps roam around the jungle quicker.
Normally, this is my pathing:
Goes Top Lane > Clear the small jungle above blue jungle > Clear first minion wave > Blue > Jungle all the way until level 4 > Looks for opportunity to gank > Clear minion wave as you passby a lane/after ganking > Back to jungle or invade enemy jungle > etc.
Keep doing this until you are really ahead, this is the “snowballing” phase. The game should be done really quick if you are doing this correctly. Keep in mind, always look for opportunity to catch someone off-guard.
If the game goes on evenly (aka mid/late game where everyone have 4-6 items), Cyclops’ teamfighting is pretty decent, good damage but the bad thing about Cyclops’ is that he can’t control his Planets Attack ability, which makes Cyclops really bad when there’s an extremely tanky enemy front line. You could try to go sideways to burst/poke the enemy back line, otherwise stay together with your team. If you are able to catch an enemy carry off-guard, the game should be ended easily.
Rank Phase/ Skill Level
Warrior-Master: Pretty easy, keep roaming and keep ganking, catch anyone who’s out of position in the early game (after you are level 4), you can get really fed and snowball really quickly in this rank, it’s not a problem and solo carry the game.
Grandmaster: The people in this rank started to farm properly, try to get yourself ahead than most of them. Help your team out and gank a lot, but don’t get yourself caught.
Epic-Legend++: This is where the challenge is. Be really careful when counter jungling and ganking/roaming, if you get caught, enemy could snowball quicker than you do, you would lose the snowballing phase and loses the game really badly. Teamfight and Teamwork is very important unless your team destroys the enemy team within 6 min of the game.