Today we’re talking about a tank, a bruiser with crowd control and engage capability. It is still a fairly new champion, but I will explain his abilities and best item build possible. And yes, it will be Gatotkaca, even I can’t pronounce it properly. He is a strong looking guy with two steel-lightning gauntlet fists. Gatotkaca can be a very good front line, extremely tanky and has potential to start a teamfight. If you do like heroes like Tigreal, you will love this one even more. He is one of a kind hero with new a brand new crowd control to be introduced.
Gatotkaca ‘The Iron Bone’ was the son of Bima and Arimbi from Arcapada universe. Since his childhood, he’s been a champion of Gods, fights vicious enemies of his homeland. Once lost and beaten near death, Gatotkaca arise as a mighty warrior from Pandava clan who possessed the supernatural power he got from the ultimate training inside the cauldron of heaven, Candradimuka. With his Antakusuma armor and Brajamusti-Brajadenta twin gauntlet, he can fly across the skies like lightning and hunt down his enemies, the furious Ashuras. Gatotkaca, the Knight of Priggadani is a symbol of Bravery and devotion.*Based on ‘Garudayana’ comic series created by Is Yuniarto from Indonesian traditional shadow puppets.
“The story is fabricated indeed and not a real historical story.”
Steel Bones (Passive): Converts 4% lost HP to his physical defense, up to 250. Every 6s, dealing damage to the enemies with higher HP grants 110~250 (increases with level) HP and 0.5 times HP of his physical defense.
– Due to this passive, you can actually stack up HP and gets a lot of physical defense.
– Very tanky, almost near to “impossible to kill” for any attack damage heroes when he is low on HP
Blast Iron Fist: Shatters the front ground, dealing 300 magical damage and slowing and enemies.
– Nothing too special, just an average range skill shot with decent damage and some slow.
Unbreakable: Gatotkaca shouts loudly, forcing nearby enemies to basic attack him for 1.5s. In the next 2.5s, he counters the attacker when hit, dealing 130 magical damage to nearby enemies.
– One of the skill which makes Gatotkaca so strong, a new mechanic introduced to the game “Taunt”.
– It taunts all nearby enemies and damaged them as they hit you. A very powerful counter for attack damage heroes.
Avatar of Guardian (Ultimate): Shortly charges and jumps to the target area, knocking nearby enemies into the air for 1s and dealing 500 magical damage. The enemy near to the center is knocked into the air for a longer time.
– A decent-long range AOE ultimate, a very good initiating ability.
– It might be challenging to ultimate because of it’s range, sometimes you couldn’t see your enemy in your screen.
– Always manual aim for a good ultimate position.
Pros & Cons
- Heavy armor-based due to passive, can focus itemization more on magic resists which makes Gatotkaca extremely tanky
- Heavy counter to all attack damage heroes
- Good initiating crowd control
- Taunt, slow, large AOE knockup airborne
- Ultimate cooldown is pretty long, but that’s not an really an issue
- Doesn’t have actual mobility ability, might get caught off-guard easily
- Unbreakable takes a while to channel
Items & Battle Spells
By far, these are the best items I’ve experimented. All these items work extremely efficient and scales well with Gatotkaca’s skill kit.
- Cursed Helmet – HP, Magic Res and most importantly it burns nearby enemies based on your maximum HP % which we will be stacking later. Works well with Unbreakable.
- Boots of Tranquility – HP and Mana Regen for sustains.
- Blade Armor – Armor, damages enemy when attacked. Works well with Unbreakable as well.
- Immortality – More HP, Magic Res and Immortal item passive for more survivability.
- Oracle – HP, Magic Res, HP Regen and CDR. Oracle works well together with Boots of Tranquility, the healing is really nice.
- Bloodthirsty King – Your last item, even more HP and lots of heal when you get an kill or assistance.
By the time you have Cursed Helmet and Blade Armor, you have decent damage, far way more than an actual tank needs or hope for.
Not much to say, Flicker is the best choice here. There ain’t no better battle spells for Gatotkaca.
Never ever solo lane, your clearing speed is not as good. You have extremely low clear speed in the early game especially on the jungle monsters. Ideal choice would be top or bottom with another ally hero. It’s almost impossible to gank for a Gatotkaca before level 4, just try to stay passive and farm until you are level 4 which you unlocks your ultimate.
Side Note: Never go any magic power items, I tried once, it didn’t end up well. Gatotkaca abilities’ may scales on magic power but it’s not a good idea to build magic power items. He is a real tank.
Whenever you are level 4, Gatotkaca became a monster. Your ultimate is very good for initiating and ganking. Look for an opportunity whether in lane, or you are roaming around the map. Just remember, don’t roam too much as you will fall behind. Look the map carefully and closely, you may not want to get caught, it will be a huge lead for the enemy team.
By the time you have Cursed Helmet, boots, Blade Armor and/or Immortality, the game should be mid-late/near to end game. As a initiator, you should always look for an opportunity to start a teamfight. It would be the best if Gatotkaca uses his Avatar of Guardian (Ultimate) on enemy backlines, follow up with Unbreakable to prevent their carries to do further damage on your team. You might actually solo kills their carries because Gatotkaca could do so much damage with Cursed Helmet, Blade Armor and Unbreakable.
But hey, most importantly remember, MLBB is a team-based game. Try to communicate with your team and be nice, don’t be toxic and you will be fine. Teamwork is the key to victory.